Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Top Tens

Top Ten Things I Miss About Portugal:

10. People who blankly stare at me when I speak "Portuguese"
9. People who let me unknowingly struggle through speaking Portuguese then start speaking to me in English
8. Curves in Odivelas... the American Curves got nothin on my Curves in Portugal
7. The wind
6. The view
5. The band
4. My new friends
3. The other missionaries
2. The students
1. THE COFFEE :)

Top Ten Things I Will Miss About the States:

10. Carpet
9. Gas prices (yes, hard to believe, but gas costs more than double in Portugal than it does in the States)
8. Not worrying about the apt gas tank running out while I'm in the shower
7. Roads that make sense to me
6. Coffee to-go
5. REAL pizza
4. The Phillies and Eagles
3. Church in English
2. My friends
1. My family

I thank God that Jesus is the same- yesterday, today, forever, and across the Atlantic. :) Pray for me that I re-adjust quickly and I continue to feel the stability of God.

1 comment:

Laura McLain said...

LOVE #8 on the second list! :)
Glad to hear that all your support is in. I'm jealous of all of you. Can't wait to hear all the stories that you guys will have. Praying that all will go well, especially this first semester. And Laurie's a great roommate! :)