Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gearing Up

School is almost here and I CAN'T WAIT! My new roomie's name is Laurie Flietstra and she is the other elementary teacher this year, handling 1st and 2nd grades, among many other things! The two of us have already put in some time at the school, she is there right now and I am on my way over soon. My classroom is beginning to look like a classroom, just without the children. :)
Pray for me this week as I will be preparing lesson plans, finishing classroom setup, and re-meeting the parents and students at our Parent-Teacher Tea this Thursday evening.
Please also continue to pray that my first box arrives soon and does not get stopped in customs. I mailed it in enough time to receive it last week, as it has mostly school supplies in it, and have yet to receive it. I believe that God is in the details and He can make something as small as a box get to me on time. :)
I spent this morning worshiping at my church here, Igreja Baptista de Loures, and had a great time reconnecting with friends. PRAISE GOD that I understood even more of the sermon than I did when I left in June. God is great!

No comments: