Friday, June 1, 2007

Meeting New People

Well, it's June now and my preparations for heading to Lisbon at the end of the summer are in full swing. God has provided for me in so many ways- financially, health-wise and time-wise to be able to accomplish everything I have desired to do as far as preparing to go to Portugal. I've been able to meet two sets of missionaries from Portugal- Doug and Sharon Fry and Jon and Marilyn Rust. The little bit of time I got to spend with each of these couples was so valuable to me. In case you don't know me very well, in my human nature I find it difficult to enjoy speaking with people who were previously strangers to me. The Spirit has grown me in that area so much especially in these last three years. Anytime I talk to someone who I didn't know, you can know that is the Spirit doing it because, honestly, it's hard for me. That is why I have been filled with such joy having met all these new people and absolutely loving it! There is truly a family bond between Christians that is wonderfully comforting. Both of those couples got me even more excited to get to Lisbon! As a matter of fact, I can't wait to go to ABWE in July for our pre-AMP week to meet even MORE new people.
God is truly great and to see His working in my life is an unbelievable honor.

No comments: