Sunday, June 3, 2007

Observations

God has been providing for me in so many ways. Recently, He gave me the opportunity to observe the 1st and 2nd grades at Baptist Regional School for a couple of weeks. The teachers were so gracious in accepting me into their classrooms, talking with me, giving me pointers and letting me see their curriculum and lesson plans. It was an invaluable experience as far as gathering information and ideas- I took pages of notes! But more valuable even than the practical side of it was the absolute excitement and anticipation at being back in the classroom. When the opportunity arose to go to Portugal I thought, they need teachers- I could do that. From that point, I was so excited just to go to a different country and to be able to serve God in such a direct manner full time. But it wasn't until these last couple weeks that I have gotten SO excited to teach again! This is just further confirmation to me that I am where God wants me to be. This is such a great feeling. Circumstances could go downhill- He could even remove me from this situation and it wouldn't take away the fact that I have seen Him working in my life- MY life. That is so unbelievable to me. I know I don't deserve it and I thank God for Jesus Christ who has made this life possible for me. I'm forever grateful!

No comments: