Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sorry...

Okay so I fell behind again in the posting... sorry!!!
Updates to prayer requests:

1.) The family I told you about that needed a nanny... God provided and they started with their new nanny last week!! It's really amazing to see how those things were in the works long before we knew that they were needed.

2.) I asked everyone I could think of to pray for my best friend's (Kim Lange Moran) 5-week old son, Jonah. Jonah and his parents are now home from the hospital and Jonah seems to be doing wonderfully. Unfortunately, even after growing several cultures, they were not able to identify the infection and it is still unknown what the problem was. The good news however is that he is well now and there seem to be no lasting effects. Thanks for your prayers!

New things to pray about:

1.) The one thing that is on my mind seemingly more and more lately is the "talk" I will be giving in the girls' Bible study on singleness in a few weeks. A big part of me doesn't want to do it, but the deepest part of me knows it must be done. I don't want to presume to be able to tell these girls anything about their own lives, but at the same time I know that God has brought me through various things in my own life so that I can share in the lives of others. Basically, the only true answer I have is that I have no answers that come from myself. I know only the truest satisfaction I've ever found for both my heart and my mind has been in God. So in that way I hope that my talk is nothing but pointing the big finger of my life's circumstances toward Him. Please pray for me that I will have wisdom in what I say, that I won't pretend, that I won't care if they like me, and most of all that in whatever happens, it brings glory to God.

2.) GLCA needs an elementary teacher for next year... as of right now, there is no one. The elementary will be exceptionally small next year- probably only 7 students. So technically, they only need one teacher. I would love for that teacher to be me. I'm trying to go through the proper avenues to see if this is a possibility, so please be in prayer for that need. Whether it be me who fills the spot or someone else, God's will be done.

So other than all that info, things are going well here! The weather has been AMAZING the last couple days (sunny, high 60s) and I know you are all jealous with your snow boots and shovels. :) OH! And I turned 30 this past Tuesday. Woo hoo!! I have survived 30 years of this world. Or vice versa... :)

Until next time- I MISS YOU ALL!

No comments: