Monday, March 31, 2008

When It Rains...

Dear Friends and Family-
I found out this past week that as of tomorrow I will be inheriting the third grade class in addition to my second grade class. I am happy about this change and excited for the challenge, but I write to you now to ask for prayer. My weekend has been overwhelmed with the preparation involved in taking on another grade level. As logic would suggest, it is twice the work. This weekend will probably be the worst of the workload as I also had the task of changing my classroom and learning new curriculum. I have several abnormal tasks to complete this week such as leading staff devotions each morning, teaching the high school girls' Bible study on Thursday, and cooking for a potluck dinner on Tuesday evening. In addition to this, our student teacher will be observing and teaching in my classroom this week, in addition to being observed in my classroom by her college professors. As I just spent the last hour and a half cutting vegetables for our elementary pizza party tomorrow, I realized how exhausted I am after this weekend, with a packed week ahead of me. Now that it's about 12:30 a.m. you may be asking me WHAT on earth I'm doing typing this post rather than sleeping. Well the answer is that I have realized again that this can't be done without God. So I ask for your prayers this week if for nothing else, energy to make it through each day.
I also ask that you would pray that my patience with the students would not fail. One of the two 3rd graders I'm getting is a brand new Korean student who is very shy and does not speak much English. Please pray for her. Her name is Sunny. I pray that God's grace would come through in my speech and attitude this week, not just to my students, but to all those around me.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I hate to think of what things would be like without them. :)

Love,
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you Tammy. Do not grow weary in well doing for in due season you will reap rewards.